May was a busy and buzzing month for never@home with many refurbishments and exciting changes taking place at the hostel and as a result the hostel looks vibrant, new and sparkly. It also saw the first batch of iXperience students move and settle into their never@home rooms.
Firstly we would like to thank everyone for their hard work over the last few weeks, we wouldn’t have been able to have the successful month we did with out you! But without further ado it is time for us to announce our crew member of the month (da da dah), ASA!!!!! Congratulations Asa for winning this worthy title for May 2016!
Asa is a loyal, hardworking member of the housekeeping team and is the longest standing employee at the property – having worked at both never@home and the Hotel Graeme for over seventeen years!
This month Asa took on the task of deep cleaning room curtains (in over 40 rooms we might add) and they look amazing! Asa has also gone above and beyond assisting with tasks outside her usual duties.
Thank you Asa – you rock!
In order for you to get to know our fabulous Asa more, we asked her a few questions about herself and Cape Town. This is what she answered, just for you …
1) How long have you lived in Cape Town?
since I was born, 58 years.
2) What are your top 3 things to do in Cape Town?
To watch “The Cape Mimstrel Carnival” in December
Dancing in Long Street.
3) What is your favourite dish at the Randy?
I’m Halal so I mostly eat the chips!
4) Aside from The Randy Warthog (of course), where else do you like to eat and/or drink in Cape Town?
Quay Four at the V&A Waterfront and at the Eastern Bazaar.
5) If you were a cartoon character who would you be? And why?
Dora the Explorer – as she solves every problem that approaches her.
6) If you could only take one item on holiday with you, what would it be?
7) Besides Cape Town where is your next favourite place to visit in Africa?