November was a vibrant and busy month for the hostel, with Summer vibes in the air!
We would like to thank all of the never@home crew for a great month, and it gives us great pleasure to announce Pamela Madikane as our crew member of the month for November 2016.
Pamela has been a crucial member of the never@home crew since November 2015. She has been a great asset to the kitchen, preparing delicious meals and being extremely reliable. She has grown in not only in the kitchen but also in front of house service with great interaction with our guests.
Pamela, thank you for your hard work and dedication!
Getting to know Pamela
We asked Pamela a few questions about herself and her time in Cape Town so that you guys are able to learn a little more about her. This was Pamela’s response:
1) What encouraged you to travel to Cape Town for the first time?
I was born here and grew up in Sea Point. I stayed here since and love it.
2) How did you find out about never@home?
Mom worked here as a casual at the Randy Warthog. She told me that there was a job. Chef Juan interviewed me and taught me all I needed to know in the kitchen.
3) What are your top 3 things to do in Cape Town?
Go to the beach – Seapoint Beach, shopping and spending time with family and work friends
4) What is your favourite dish at the Randy?
I really like the Randy’s calamari and the beef burger. I also really love the food we serve for Braai night. You must try it.
5) Aside from the Randy Warthog (of course), where else do you like to eat and/or drink in Cape Town?
I don’t like to go anywhere else – Just the Randy! The Randy Warthog is the best.
6) If you were a cartoon character who would you be? And why?
Spiderman because he is free to travel where he likes and I love the movie
7) If you could only take one item on holiday with you, what would it be? And why?
I’m sorry, but I wouldn’t be able to choose just one as I would have to take my Mommy AND my Son on holiday with me. They are very important to me.
8) Besides Cape Town where is your next favourite place to visit in Africa?
JHB and Pretoria for family
Who has made a positive impact for you during your stay at never@home? We would love to know so we can ensure they get the acknowledgement and gratification they deserve. Please let us know through our social media platforms and hashtag any photos you may have of our bonkers and brilliant staff members by using the hashtag #neverathomesa. Stay tuned for Crew Member of the month for December …