It gives us great pleasure to announce Bob, as our well deserved “Crew Member of the Month” for August 2016! Bob has been a crucial member of the never@home crew since our story began in Cape Town, September 2014.
Bob is part of our overnight reception crew and 2am in the morning, tired guests checking in will soon feel at ease with Bob’s friendly smile. Bob with this is friendly, humble and a very trustworthy member of the never@home crew and we are very lucky to have him on our team!
In order for you to get to know Bob a little more, we asked him a few questions about himself and his time in Cape Town. This was his response…….
1) What encouraged you to travel to Cape Town for the first time?
I was based in Johannesburg when my cousin asked me to come down to Cape Town. He said it was a beautiful. To cut a long story short, I came and I loved it. I enjoyed the city so much that I am still here now.
2) How did you find out about never@home?
I actually worked at Hotel Graeme before never@home took over. The never@home bossman, Mr Gareth Davey approached us with the new vision for the property and I decided I was keen to stay and be part of the never@home family.
3) What are your top 3 things to do in Cape Town?
Eating and drinking in various restaurants in and around the city, shopping and clubbing.
4) What is your favourite dish at the Randy?
I love the Randy’s Braai nights and the chicken curry!
5) Aside from the Randy Warthog (of course), where else do you like to eat and/or drink in Cape Town?
I often eat at the Spar restaurant or Mugg & bean at the Waterfront. When it comes to having a few drinks, I like to do that at home with my friends.
6) If you were a cartoon character who would you be? And why?
Simba the lion from the Lion King as he represents force, power and he is always there to protect his friends and family.
7) If you could only take one item on holiday with you, what would it be? And why?
I would take my laptop (with an internet dongle attached) as I like to be connected with music and know what gigs are happening.
8) Besides Cape Town where is your next favourite place to visit in Africa?
Mozambique and Egypt!
Who has made a positive impact for you during your stay at never@home? We would love to know so we can ensure they get the acknowledgement and gratification they deserve. Please let us know through our social media platforms and hashtag any photos you may have of our bonkers and brilliant staff members by using the hashtag #neverathomesa. Stay tuned for Crew Member of the month for September …