Can you believe that another month has flown by? Already in November we find ourselves hurtling head first, straight into the the summer season. And you can already feel that Cape Town summer vibe in the air.
But for now let us focus on the month that has just passed as we would like to thank the all the never@home crew for an epic October. The hostel was buzzing and you guys were awesome! However there can only be ONE Crew Member of the Month and this month we have awarded Marlon this extremely well deserved title.
Marlon, recently stepped in as the bar supervisor for the Randy Warthog and we have been wowed by his commitment and devotion to the bar. Marlon has also worked his butt off over the past few months by doing lots of extra hours at the bar. He has also shown his creative side and the bar is looking fab as a consequence of his new displays and ideas. We are simply loving the Randy’s cool vibe right now, keep up the great work Marlon!
Getting to know Marlon
We asked Marlon a few questions about himself and his time in Cape Town so that you guys are able to learn a little more about him. This was his response:
1) What encouraged you to travel to Cape Town for the first time?
I was driven to Cape Town as it is such a young and creative city following an acting career.
2) How did you find out about never@home?
I had a beer at Slug and Lettuce and it was from there that I noticed never@home (Slug and Lettuce used to be a bar situated next to the hostel)
3) What are your top 3 things to do in Cape Town?
Work, make money for my son and evolve as a person. Cape Town is the best!
4) What is your favourite dish at the Randy?
A love the cheese, tomato and bacon toastie.
5) Aside from the Randy Warthog (of course), where else do you like to eat and/or drink in Cape Town?
The Sports Bar in the city
6) If you were a cartoon character who would you be? And why?
I would be Pinky from Pinky and the Brain as Pinky has less responsibility and is more fun than Brain!
7) If you could take only take one item on holiday with you, what would it be and why?
Bottomless beer! I can chill!
8) Besides Cape Town where is your next favourite place to visit in Africa?
Port Elizabeth for family.
We hope that you have enjoyed learning more about Marlon, be sure to pop in and say “hi” during your next visit to the Randy Warthog and stay tuned for the next Crew Member of the Month for the month of November.