Tie up your shoe laces and brace yourselves for the 2017 Sanlam Cape Town Marathon. Taking place on Sunday the 17th of September, this 42.2km marathon without a doubt has to be one of the most scenic marathons in the world. With running enthusiasts and elite athletes racing past mountains, the sea and many of the cities famous attractions.
Sanlam Cape Town Marathon Event Records:
- Men: 02:08:41 (2016) – Asefa Negewo (Ethiopia)
- Women: 02:30:20 (2015) – Isabella Ochichi (Kenya)
- The Sanlam Cape Town Marathon takes place on Sunday, 17th September, 2017
- Race starts at 07h00
- Start: Beach Road, corner of Granger Bay and Beach Road, Green Point, Cape Town
- Finish: Green Point A track, Cape Town
- Cut off time – Duration is 6 hours 30 minutes
REPRESENTING THE HOSTEL
And this years race is set to be even more competitive than ever. Why? Because never@home’s speedy Assistant Operations Manager, Thami, will be taking part in this challenging event. With the finish line meters within meters from the hostel in Green Point, it could’t be easier for you guys to head there and show him some love….
Watch this short video to give you an idea of what this years runners will endure: